It may sound confusing, but Dropbox Sign and Dropbox Form is entirely different product under Dropbox Sign family. Dropbox Sign focus on electronic signature (of course!), Dropbox Form provide a handy form builder function, with electronic signature.
Turn out, I personally find that Dropbox Form somehow provide more sophisticated function as it came with form builder, and free plan.
Let's get started
Configure the document
1. Upload the document template to start with. To make thing easier for you, you can use the sample we prepared here.
2. Indicate the signer, you can have more than 1 signer in a document.
3. Specify the area for signature. 1 document able to have more than 1 signer. You can specify other attributes like Name, Signed Date as well.
4. Specify the actual signer’s name for the area they should sign. You don’t want any signer sign at any signature box, do you?
5. Lastly, time to send out the document for all the signers to sign.
Let's try it out
1. Dropbox Form will send out the email to the signers in the document. Signers will receive an email just like below
2. Click on the link, signers will be brought to the document, where they can signed
3. Based on the email, signer only able to sign at the box they assigned to
4. Once they signed, you will be able to receive a complete document, with all the signature required. Of course, you can chase those, who yet to sign as well.
5. So, that’s all, it is not difficult to have an electronic signature for your official documents that required signature, it is not even using coding which you can start the digitilization process for your official document.